Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Another easy walk

    April 23, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    We are now at Navarrete after an easy 13 km walk. This is a lovely little town on a hill surrounded with vineyards and the rich red Rioja soil. We walked quite slowly so as not to be too early, arrived at about 12.30, stopped for coffee and also for fresh OJ before checking in and room ready, bags here, and we have settled in!

    It was a perfect temperature for walking, coolish and quite a lot of cloud cover. It actually feels cold now, and I am wearing a fleece that I thought would never be worn again once we left the Pyrenees…weather app says 19° but it is wrong! It has now become a little drizzly, but doesn’t matter, and tomorrow should be dry and still cooler for our 17 km walk to Nájera. We walked out through the outer suburbs of Logroño- you realise it’s quite a bit city and not just the historical centre - and through a big park and bird sanctuary…very pleasant. And also passed the big bull structure high on a hill that is equivalent maybe to our big banana …. you can see it for miles in all directions…anyway, a very good and easy walk…our hotel has a pilgrim menu for dinner so all is well.
    Read more