Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 20

    Burgos revisited!

    29. April in Spanien ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    It’s already 10.15pm, and Amr is asleep, but I must quickly write up the day. It started early in Barcelona, as our train left at 9.05…we had planned to walk to Sants, over an hour, but good before a 6 1/2 hour train ride…but it was drizzling, and sense prevailed and we got a taxi. We had assumed our train wasn’t an AVE, (have realised that AV is alta velocidad, not sure about the E ?España) as it took so long to get to Burgos, but actually it was a bit of both…it hurtled at 250 kms/hr as far as Zaragoza, then became a normal train shuffling along at up to 150 kms/hr at good patches, and stopping at places we’d never heard of, except Pamplona, which was a bit of excitement! It had 20 carriages, huge, and at Sants we were herded into separate pens - the coches 1 -10 and the 11-20 - and it took ages to get on board, but eventually left only 8 minutes behind time! Eventually the train split, and one lot went to A Coruña and we went to Salamanca, via Burgos. Arrived about 3.40, and right away a bus pulled in and we all hopped on for a ride into the centre - for €1.10.

    Then the exciting event of the day…our reunion with Rachel and Richard…SO good to see them. They had arrived in Spain early Saturday morning, hired a car and spent the weekend driving in the north, in mountains and having a lovely time, and arrived at the hotel shortly after us, having dropped off the car. We are at the same sweet and central hotel of last year, and of 2018, and love it…and I think in the same room!

    So we had a drink and wandered round the town, ending in dinner…just lovely, and will have a great day tomorrow…we plan to get a taxi to San Juan de Ortega and walk the walk into Burgos that we didn’t do last year. It was pleasantly warm when we arrived, about 17° and warmer in the sun, but cools off very quickly once the sun goes down, low single figures.
    Weiterlesen