Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 1

    Departure and Arrival

    4 April, Thailand ⋅ 🌙 32 °C

    Some months ago Loriene and I had agreed to go to Chiang Mai in Thailand to help with the valuable work that was taking place there.
    Sam and Abi McGeorge had particularly wanted us to go for these two weeks during April as there were some theological student who were enrolled to attend the Learning Centre. They assured us that, apart from anything else, our ‘grey hairs’ would be a most useful attribute.
    Possessing more than adequate amounts of that commodity, we packed our bags last night, caught the 7.30am train to the airport in Sydney for our flight to Chiang Mai via Bangkok.
    The flights were uneventful but the oppressive heat that greeted us as we walked up the air bridge at Bangkok gave us an inkling of the change of environment we were about to experience.
    In the meantime, a pleasant hour or so was spent in the Coral lounge at Bangkok, including a complimentary neck and shoulder massage while we waited for our connecting flight.
    There was only a slight delay to our flight to Chiang Mai and we were greeted by a smiling and bear-hugging Sam McGeorge at the gate :)
    Approximately 40 minutes later we arrived back at the TLC where we greeted Tim and Leah McGeorge (Sam’s brother and sister in law) as well as Abi.
    The only other commodities that we were requested bring (in addition to our grey hairs) were some unobtainable Aussie treats - Cadbury’s chocolate for Abi and Mint Slices for Sam.
    After a chat, laugh and cup of tea we retired to our perfectly comfortable accommodation, blasting out magnificent, cold air!
    Baca selengkapnya