Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Moorea^2

    February 17 in French Polynesia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    More fun in Moorea, looking forward to air con again though... The car has been reading a max of 43degrees during the day and it doesn't drop beneath 32degrees at night!

    Drove up to Belvedere Lookout this morning, stunning views of the two large bays. Was going to stop at an archeological site on the way up but got attacked by mosquitos so decided not to!
    Saw some cyclists at the top which is impressive as it was a long, relatively narrow and very steep road with lots of switchbacks.
    Rosie seemed to get a bit grumpy in the car so she got out to help buy stuff for a picnic lunch.
    Lovely cuddles between Rosie and Poppy this morning. Poppy decided she was ready to get up around 5am and Rosie slept in until 7am - would be great if they chose to do the same thing!
    Had our picnic on the same beach as yesterday as it's so beautiful there. Took a while to get shady enough for playing in the sea though. Matt and I took turns to have a quick snorkel and Rosie and Poppy were very happy playing. Although Poppy was quite tired as her naps have been interrupted today.
    Dinner out nearby. Rosie loved her grilled fish and chips despite being very tired. And she did some lovely dancing to the live jazz music - lots of twirls in her dress.
    Read more