Satellite
  • Day 15

    Chukhung to Pyramid

    April 15, 2017 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Chukhung (4730m) - Dingboche (4410m) - Dhugla (4620m) - Lobuche (4910m) - Pyramid (4970m)
    "Nichts ist so beständig wie die Lageänderung" they always told me in the army :D. It snowed almost 20cm tonight and I decided not to walk over Kongma la Pass (5535m), because I don't know the way and it was quiet cloudy. But the landscape was amazing! Everything was covered in snow, it was freezing cold and the panorama was maybe the best till now. So I started walking through this winter wonderland, built a snowman and often stopped to enjoy the silence and views. The closer I came to Dingboche, the more "tourists" had been there. And after Dingboche, on the way to Lobuche, it was crazy: hundreds of people and Yaks, often there had been traffic jams 🙈 as I finally arrived in Lobuche, they told me that all lodges are already full. They offered me to stay in the Pyramid, an Italian research station with "hotel", a little bit more expensive, but with food, wifi and power inclusive^^. So I went here and made, together with 3 French guys, new plans: tomorrow early in the morning to Kala Patthar (Lookout, 5550m, with good view on Everest), then down to theBasecamp (5360m) and back to the hotel.

    It's almost like paradise here :D hot drinks inclusive; popcorn, soup and dal bat (with meat!) for dinner (almost like all you can eat👍). And all that at 5000m altitude!
    Read more