Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Kas and AFL

    September 30, 2023 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    When we woke up at the hotel and got some breakfast, we discovered that they have a pet camels, and a donkey. The discovery was made easy by the loud scream the donkey would occasionally let out. Two puppy's also occupied the front area of the hotel this morning. We are unsure if they were homeless but they were adorable and incredibly playful. So most of our morning was spent playing with all the animals before eventually we had to hit the road. The first stop was Kas. Although the drive was quite daunting, up and down street cliffs, along the ocean front, it was truly beautiful. We could only get pictures when we stopped, but that sufficed. They also had Turkish Tea located at random intervals along the drive that would allow us to stretch our legs, score a quick photo, play with some stray dogs, and enjoy some tea.

    Kas was a beautiful, little town along the coast of Turkey, and although had few significant monuments, it had a lot of character and based on aesthetics alone, it was one of the most beautiful of the whole tour. We only had a few hours to spend here before eventually we had time move on to the location of another boat tour. Nonetheless, after a quick lunch, we began our wander. Sarah, Becca, and I ended up together walking around together. Although I was very due a haircut, I didn't want to lose time in Kas getting a haircut when I should be enjoying the town. Other than the wander around, little else was achieved. There were some cute locations for gifts but still felt too far from Christmas to buy gifts and lug them around the whole trip.

    Unfortunately, i missed the AFL grand final because we were on the bus, but a bunch of us listened to the audio at one of our stops that luckily overlapped with the end of the game. Unfortunately, we had to listen as Brisbane lost by just a couple of points. It was incredibly depressing and only about to get worse throughout the weekend. We did, however, have just enough time to watch my football team lose a very big game because of some atrocious refereeing and 2 red cards from our players. It was disgraceful and provided foresight into an incredibly depressing week of sporting results in just about every way possible. To mend my anger, our tour guide once again sourced us a J, and we smoked it on the roof overlooking the Port of the town, where we would exit for our boat tour tomorrow.
    Read more