Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 17

    The Highest I've Ever Been (High)

    10 maart, Guatemala ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Although I tried to sleep in, some loud guests in the hostel meant I didn't get much further than about 8pm. Luckily, I had one good sleep after our hike. We decided to see the viewpoint in the morning before the heat, but it didn't really eventuate as it is just always very hot, apparently. This was cool, but some cloudy weather meant that the volcan de agua that stands over Antigua wasn't in full effect. It was still nice to see the city, though. Even cooler as we walked down, we realised we could see the volcan de fuego and volcan de Acatenango that we had walked a few days earlier. And, of course, fuego was spitting smoke into the sky (pic 8). Today was our final day in Antigua, so we also explored as much as we could, taking in the beautiful colours. By the time the afternoon had arrived, there were some major festivities taking place. People had been placing flowers and wood chips in interesting patterns on the roads all day, and now most of the city was draped in purple gowns, or even the gear of a Roman legion. We figured out eventually that they were recreating Jesus' walk to be crucified, as it was a part of their early Easter celebrations. We watched this for a while, but the heat meant that eventually, we would leave to catch up with Corrie and Kaz one last time. Though, we do keep extending it and finding ways to catch up with each other again. We found a wine bar where each glass you buy gets cheaper by about a dollar. And, as someone who loves making money, we made very good use of that. Below is drunk Sarah's reflection on the night.

    Sarah Entry: Caught up with Corrie and Caz for a big night of drinking. The wine got cheaper with every glass, which equals a recipe for a veryyy drunk Sarah. The wine was great, which redeemed Chilean wine after the Mexico tragedy that went down the sink. We fucked that bus in Vinos shop before going to get some amazing delicious craft mac n cheese dinnies with weed corrie had found in a book. The dinner slapped hard and was followed by the amazing dessert if a snickers bar notmnomnom. Great day and we get to sail PANAMAAAAAA with the best peeps evaaaaaaaaaaaa.

    After a great night and lots of wine, we headed back to the hostel of Corrie and Kaz and smoked a bit of weed. Kaz had found it in a book of a restaurant while waiting for a bus and it was great. By the end I was very fucked up. Regardless I managed to make it home and enjoy a very good sleep.
    Meer informatie