Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 158

    "Lucy" Travels to Ft Bliss RV Park

    September 25, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    We saw the PA on Tues., Sept 24 and he gave us the all-clear to hit the road with some restrictions and a list of exercises. We had our last family dinner of 2018. Kerry and Vince’s living arrangements have changed and Kerry and the boys are moving back with her mother; Vince is going to rent a room from Jesse.

    We had left our vociferous Tonkinese cat with Vince in May since he had not tolerated travel in the Class C. But we needed to take him back—we thought he would do better in the Class A with so much more room, and so far he has—or he’s afraid to raise too much of a fuss or we’ll make him go back with all those other cats (7 at last count, I believe).

    We left Albuquerque the morning of Sept. 26 and drove the 4 or so hours to El Paso. We checked in the Ft Bliss RV Park and settled down for a few days. The new RV drove well and we have decided to call her Lucy. It’s a comfortable home, and well-built. They used top materials and good design—but the workmanship is deplorable! We still have things that need fixing. The vacuum toilet still leaks even after it’s been back to La Mesa RV twice. The problem is intermittent which makes it hard to find. Then, when we left the KOA in ABQ, the power step wouldn’t retract. After talking to the Fleetwood company, repairs will be done October 18 at Ancira RV in Alvarado, TX. Amazingly, they have they’re own RV park next to the maintenance facility for people like us who live in their rigs.

    As many of you know (or may not) I am from El Paso. I lived here from 1945-1965, then moved back with husband #2, 1976-1983. I was pretty much of a nonentity in high school; I can only imagine how I might have been bullied if I had been in high school in the age of social media, but I wasn’t and I turned into a self-sufficient woman. Since the advent of Facebook, I have reconnected with more than a few old classmates. Friday night we had dinner with a few of those classmates, and it was wonderful! We’re in our seventies and we have nothing to prove to anybody!

    Tomorrow we leave El Paso and drive to Fredericksburg, TX where we will stay for a month. We will be there for Oktoberfest and Burges HS classes of ’63 and ’64 are having a mini-reunion in conjunction with Oktoberfest on Oct. 6.7.8, so I should have some good pics!
    Read more