Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 6

    43 Years , 8 Months, 1 Day Ago

    6 augusti 2019, Förenta staterna ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    We held two (2) funerals after Dad died in late November of 1975. The first for his friends in Virginia Beach and then we flew his casket to Ohio for the second. That was in the first week of December. It was pretty difficult for everyone to have to go thru that twice.

    Today won’t be an enjoyable experience but one that needs to be done, from a number of standpoints. Once completed, Grandma Donna will be next to her daughter(s), son-in-law and there will be two other spaces for other relatives that have their roots in Greenfield.

    It’s 8 AM and I’m awaiting the first crew. Greenfield is in charge of maintenance of the grass down to and around the concrete vault. Then a vault company arrives to handle lifting up the vault, which is transported to a private location. After the vault is out, Greenfield’s crew reappears to fill in the plot and make it safe for others.

    While all this is happening, I’ll meet with the headstone people to discuss removal of the old one and installation of the new.

    9:23 AM: Good news. Soil appears to be all dry. We were worried about ground water contaminating the vault making it difficult to get casket and remains out. It appears casket “should” be in dry conditions making remains much easier and much more respectful to cremate.
    Läs mer