Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Libourne

    August 2, 2022 in France ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    After our first evening on the banks of the Dordogne, we enjoyed Patricia’s hospitality and took a leisurely breakfast in the garden, both becoming particularly fond of her homemade apricot jam. We eventually made it out into the heat and did some quick exploration of Fronsac, a village just across the river, before stopping for a late lunch at a restaurant across the water from our previous evening’s setting. We then enjoyed the pleasures of Patricia’s garden swimming pool, cooling off from the steep temperatures and taking advantage of the water. Although a minor head injury was sustained (no first aid required) the time in the pool was certainly a highlight!

    After a nap, we went back out into Libourne for dinner (extreme application of insect repellent required), taking up our reservation at Bistro Maratime, another spot by the river, and had a wonderful evening full of wine, beef and superb people watching. A highlight of the evening was the salsa dancing class taking place on the pavement just next to the restaurant terrace which we watched for hours over meal. Naturally, we joined in after dinner and did some pavement dancing of our own.

    Mosquito Bite Count: 14
    Potter Update: The Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 3
    Read more