Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Is popcorn a vegetable?

    May 29, 2018 in India ⋅ 🌬 36 °C

    So we found popcorn tonight (hence the fleeting thought this is the closest thing to a vegetable she has eaten in the last week), amongst our battle with motorbikes, auto rickshaws, occasional cars, push bikes, cows, dogs and other people walking through tiny streets in the old town in Jodhpur. Lila's food intake thus far has pretty much consisted of chapatis, rice, and now popcorn + mango ice cream we found today! However it's nice to see her creativity when eating chapatis, because each bite changes it to being a different animal, object or thing.

    Today we arrived in the 2nd biggest city in Rajasthan, Jodhpur. Known as the blue city, you often see in some tourist promo pics. There is amazing fort, which we have a lovely view from our guesthouse. It's pretty hot here at the moment, getting to 45-46 degrees at the hottest part of the day, so people do things before midday or after 6pm. The old city has an amazing maze of small streets lined with old buildings with amazing architecture and beautiful old doors, small shop fronts selling anything and everything, small shines to the various gods, and amongst the various traffic either people with push carts or just on the street selling fruit or veges. It's so full of life, movement and colour!

    Other highlight of Lila's day, her amazement of where the poo and wee goes when you go to the toilet on the train !
    Read more