Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 133

    Visiting Om beach

    September 29, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today we took the motorbike to visit nearby Om beach. On our way we passed the feather duster seller on her motorbike and again passed through a small fishing village.

    We get to Om beach, and it is beautiful, however like many places here, you need to get used to seeing quite a lot if rubbish around. The water however, is generally clean and today it is transparent :) Jean has a snorkel around, however says most of the coral is destroyed and there are few fish.
    For lunch we find another great street stall selling Bahn mi (bread rolls) and avocado shakes... delicious!

    Before we leave we check out the neighbouring Om beach in the next bay. We had a lovely local kid show us the way on her bicycle. This bay was more sheltered and would have been stunning, except the sheltered bay also meant to rubbish stayed there and there was noticeably more concentrated rubbish at this beach.

    On our way back we drove along the inside of the bay, seeing what looks like the beginning of lobster farming season. There were many people making (here and everywhere else we have passed through), big netted cages, which we assume are for lobster farming. Unfortunately the waste product of this is also clearly evident too.

    We stopped by for some yummy Che at the roadside stall we found yesterday, which was the perfect way to end the day :)
    Read more