Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 187

    Arriving home

    November 22, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 19 °C

    After an amazing 6 months away we arrive back to Sydney airport on a cold and windy day. There have been many amazing moments, lots of beautiful people and stunning, breath taking and humbling places and experiences which have enriched our lives and our little family.

    Lila has learnt some phrases in different languages like 'chu arai ka' (what is your name in Thai), 'makan di sini' (eat here in Bahasa), 'sidikit rusak' (little broken in Bahasa) and our favourite 'chello' (let's go in Hindi), which have stuck to the end of the trip.

    Here is a beginning and end of trip photo of Lila in her 'travelling outfit'. One of the best things about coming back is seeing family, including Lila's 2 little cousins who were only little babies when we left. After little sleep on the flight home, Lila falls asleep quickly in the car in the way home (after excitingly reuniting with an outfit she got in India and we had sent home).

    Here is a little summary from each of us from our last 6 months:

    Lila
    Favourite place: Hanoi, Vietnam
    Favourite food: Che in Vietnam
    Memorable experience: playing with the twins in Hanoi
    Favourite thing you saw: temple in Hanoi and seeing starfish in the sea

    Jean
    Favourite place: Between Lower Mustang (Nepal), Rajasthan (India) and Ha Giang region (Vietnam)
    Favourite food: eating in Sabah, Malaysia
    Memorable experience: walk between Jonsom and Kagbeni

    Angie:
    Favourite place: Nepal
    Favourite food: Yoghurt coffee in Vietnam and street food everywhere
    Memorable experience: trekking in Nepal, markets in Northern Vietnam and Lila learning how to snorkel and her excitement seeing sea stars

    We give huge thanks and gratitude to everyone we met along the way and to the beautiful lands we visited :)
    Read more