Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Phnom penh - S21 museum / killing fields

    November 30, 2023 in Cambodia ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Trigger warning- graphic detail ⚠️
    Very tough day today, we first went to the S21 museum that used to be a school but has used as a torture facility during pol pot regime. It was a genocide against his own people targeting intellects and non- Khmer people. The S21 was disgusting and truely showed the worst sides of the human race. From getting people to dispose of bodily fluids in a bag and if they spill they have to lick it off the floor, putting them in ankle shackles, and much more. They basically went through torture after torture being aided my medics with 3 months of experience because they killed all the qualified doctors just to do it all again. Sometimes if the victims didn’t survive the first torture the guards would then be inflicted with the same punishments and killed. The first picture was one of the 14 victims left in this facility when people found out what they were doing here, each room there was a victim brutally murdered in very graphic detail.

    The killing fields were just as horrific. In some of these pictures you will see the clothes and bones of body’s that were brutally murdered in mass graves from 10-1000 bodies in each. You can see the large divots in the ground from where these graves were. Some graves even contained soldiers that had been beheaded. And still to this day there are bones and other remains being found in these areas. There was constantly music being played to down our the screams of the dead, if you were brought to the killing fields you were here to be executed if you didn’t die the day you get there you would the next day. Around 300 executions occurs daily in the height of ppl pot regime. The tree that has all the offerings (bracelets) was called the killing tree, where mothers were forced to watch offical kill their babies against the tree swinging them by their feet, the mothers were killed shortly after. Bits of brain matter and hair was found on the tree when first found. In the last photo is the memorial in here there are thousands of skulls and bones of ankles and wrists, some found with wire and other materials bounding them together.

    Although this was a hard day, it was good pay my respects to all the people that were affected by these atrocities. There was even survivors in the museum and fields which was heartbreaking. 💔
    Read more