Satellite
  • Day 16

    Malta - THE day

    April 23, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    I take the 7.30am flight to Malta via Rome to meet with Jonas. Gee, the Italians flying is not better than their driving. The Rome airport is so busy that the plane has to go around in circle for 45min before it can land. The plane land at 9.10am and my next flight is 9.25am! I am so worried that I would miss the flight and I have to push business glass people away to get in front. The one in front is flying to JFK and his flight is at 9.25am too. Good luck to him as mine connecting flight is also delayed. Italian just have no concept of being on time!

    I finally get myself to Hilton and I can not check in till 3pm. Since I am already in my gym clothes, I have decided to go for a run along the port.

    First impression of Malta - Mediterranean climate. It feels like TLV but without the vibe. Yellowish brick houses, stone walls, vast sea. I have never seen such clear water so closed to a city before. There are many waterfront apartments and I am sure we can find one we like quite easily. Supermarket items are very limited and I am yet to find out where I can find fresh seafood (apparently there is a Sunday fish market down south). Vegetable choices are quite limited too. The restaurant prices are expensive at around £15 per main course. I do find a Jewish kosher restaurant that I might go for Shabbat dinner.

    I meet with Jonas at 5pm. Immediately we decide to go for a walk around the port. We talk a lot about different things: from work related to recreational, from our background to future of the company, from wine to books. My feeling is we both have a very worldly view and try to enjoy life whiles working on something we like.

    He then taken me to this very nice Japanese Asian fusion restaurant. The sashimi and sea bass is fresh even the Sydney fish market can not compare.

    A bottle of Champagne later, I know without him saying that the deal is done.

    Conclusion
    There is not much in Malta. You live here but you don't really live here.
    Read more