Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2 - Bike the Bridge

    April 30, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Day 2 in San Fran started with breakfast at iHop with some chocolate pancakes to get us ready for the long ride ahead!!
    Today we rode from Pier 41, across the Golden Gate Bridge & down the hill to the little town of Sausalito.
    It was sooooo much fun riding across the bridge. We rode for 8 miles with lots of pit stops along the way for photo ops! The legs were burning up the hill to get to the bridge but was so worth it! It was awesome! St George bear came along for the ride too, ticking another city off his travel list - we thought we might get blown away. Dad you would love it - mum I don’t think there’s anyway you would walk across. The pathway is very close to the edge with not much of a railing to stop you going over the edge - great for photos though!!! Down the hill to Sausalito didn’t require much pedalling, was a great cruise down but we were both buggered once we sat down for lunch! Some tacos and beer hit the spot!!
    Caught the ferry back across the bay! Then headed off for a ride on the cable cars which was pretty damn cool! Another ‘feel like I’m in a movie moment’. Visited the cable car museum and found out how the actually work which was pretty cool. They have virtually a big plier which grips the continuously moving cable underground, and gets pulled along!
    Some quick souvenir shopping then it was off the Basketball! Off to Oracle Arena we went to watch the Playoff Game - Golden State Warriors Vs Houston Rockets. A yellow carpet led us up the stairs!! The stadium was pretty great - Australia needs to take some tips - they have cup holders on the back of the seats!!!!!
    Atmosphere was awesome!! Yellow everywhere, the crowd was so loud and into it - so much closer than any sporting games at home. Courtside crowd looked like they were ready to hop on the court!
    Another late night and not much sleep but all ready to go again tomorrow
    Read more