Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Gator Park & Airboat Ride

    May 16, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We were supposed to be doing a 2.5 airboat ride and checking out the alligators at wild Florida. Yesterday when we rang to confirm they said they would pick us up at 8 and we wouldn’t get picked up at the alligator place until 1. We weren’t happy because we thought we could do the boat and head to Disney and still have half a day there but guess not.
    We got picked up at another hotel down the road we had to make our way to. 45 mins on a bus picking up a few others along the way. Then had to get on another bus. Another 45 minutes. Get to the alligator place at 9:30 and find out the boat ride isn’t until 11:30 😱
    So we really weren’t happy at this point.
    We tried to make the most of it - threw some food at the gators and checked out the other animals around.
    We headed to the dock at 11:15 like we were told to and were greeted by all these bugs! It was insane! Like hundreds of these stupid love bugs - they are dumb too!! Didn’t get the boat moving until 11:45. I hour on the boat. It was good - not really worth all the waiting and waste of a day that came with it, but it was fun! Only saw some small gators - thought we would see bigger.
    Didn’t get back to our universal hotel until 2 - and we dropped everyone off along the way including us at our actual hotel - so we had no idea why the long and difficult transfer in the morning.
    Had lunch and then taxi to Disney - art of animation. Little mermaid room! Just awesome! Everything was themed and we even had an Ariel shower curtain!!

    Headed to the pool to relax and swim
    Disney Springs for dinner and shopping - used to be Downtown Disney - a lot bigger now and more shops (not just Disney related). Did a lot of shopping but that would save us at the parks, from worrying too much!
    We had dinner at Earl of Sandwich which was delicious as always!
    Back to the hotel ready for tomorrow!!
    Read more