Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Six Flags

    May 27, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Today we were visiting the big kids theme park with the big ass roller coasters!
    Off to six flags we went. How we wished we had planned it better as it was Memorial Day weekend. The line to get into the car park was long and we had to walk a mile back to to entrance after parking. The security line was long and then the line to buy tickets was long. We ended up buying them on our phones.
    Once we got inside even the toilet line was long!
    By this time it was midday! We were going to have to leave at 4 to return the car back but we ended up extending the time so we could enjoy the park!
    The first ride we went on ‘Revolution was pretty tame only going upside down the once. The next ride, the Viper had 7!!! Inversions. Next up the Superman which takes off really fast and goes up a vertical pole like the tower of terror at Dreamworld - but little did we know it went backwards!! Which believe it or not was less scary 😂
    The riddlers revenge was next, it just looked like a rollercoaster that went upside down a lot so we lined up. After about 20 mins we were watching it a bit more closely and saw that you actually stand up while you ride! It was crAzy!! We still did it and again wasn’t as scary as you would think!
    Last up was the Tatsu! Which you pretty much ride upside down the whole time - like you sit in the harness like normal to begin and then it turns so your facing the ground - kinda like the super man Zipline! We had lined up for 90minutes and we watch riders in front of us come back, and then the harnesses wouldn’t unlock and they were stuck there! Sarah was less than impressed, but we had waited so long that we had to go on it. So we waited for then to fix it and all was ah-okay. And it was awesome!
    After a shitty slow start to the day, we had fun riding the scary rides! We made our way back to LA with a stop by at Griffith Observatory with magnificent views!
    After spending an hour or so here without even realising, we headed to our hotel at Santa Monica. It’s late, we’re tired, we just wanna go to bed - we head inside to reception and they tell us they’ve had to move us to another hotel because there was some kind of accident, a car had driven into the hotel and there was no water. At least it was only 5 minutes away! When we got there, it was a Hilton hotel so we were more than happy with that!
    Read more