Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Temples & Markets, Phuket

    June 23, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    Shoes off with covered legs and shoulders before you can wonder inside the beautiful Wot Chalong temples. The temples were just stunning and so intricately detailed, both inside and out - the pictures speak for themselves. There were a number of temples set over a small but beautiful complex.

    After exploring the temples and taking in the culture we rode to a local authentic Thai market spotted on the way to the temples. The market was filled with local ingredients and fresh produce including all sorts of Asian fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood. We then saw what looked like a bag of roast potatoes in a stall. They looked good but the lady on the stall couldn’t speak English so we took our chances and bought a bag. They turned out to be a kind of fried dough ball although were still tasty. Afterwards, we left for the more popular Chillva night market. There we tried so much delicious food but passed on the fried insects this time. Instead we had vegetable gyozas, sushi, beef and chicken skewers, cheese balls followed by coconut pancakes for dessert!

    Finally the heavens opened towards the end of the evening and we watched the stalls and locals cover up within seconds. Once it stopped we decided to ride back, however as soon as we got back on the bike it started again. We finally got back only to go straight back out (in the downpour) to a local pharmacy to get some steroid cream for Jess’ mosquito bitten butt.
    Read more