Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi

    June 30, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Following the events of yesterday, we had a lazy morning. Waking up feeling much better, we rented another scooter and rode to Tiger Cave Temple with a plan to take today easy. With the excitement of travelling, taking it easy never seems to happen and after 1260 steps, ascending 309m, we reached the top of the temple viewpoint. With the humidity as high as it was, the climb was challenging enough. At times the stairs were incredibly steep, with each concrete step requiring an increasing effort as we got higher, sometimes needing to use the handrail to pull ourselves up. By the time we reached the top we were hot, sweaty messes although the views were so worth it. Not only could we see for miles but we could also see local areas of heavy downpour in the distance and clear sky elsewhere. This is very typical of a Thailand climate. Fortunately Jess was feeling much better today!

    Later on we enjoyed dinner and Jess bought a personalised passport case from a little market stall for a bargain price of 100 THB (£2.30).

    Tomorrow we’re being picked up by mini bus at 7am to ride across mainland Thailand to catch a speedboat to Koh Samui. An early night is definitely in order!
    Read more