Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Kellie gets a shower

    October 26, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    We had a bit of sleep in this morning. Well a slower morning, I was awake at 6 and just read until kellie got up at 10:30.
    Was literally laughing in hysterics to one of the passages in Into Thin Air. Crazy fucking story and amazing what people put them selves through and are able to survive.
    We literally drove to this place an hour and a half away to have a shower at this laundromat that did showers too. Kellie was pretty worked up about the idea of possibly having a shower, I was quite nervous for her, really hoping it would be open etc.
    Can not describe how excited she was when it was open and we could have a shower.
    I finished a lot quicker than her so made some porridge and had a joint. I was in hysterics again when she came out and she going on about how good she felt etc.
    Went to the pub next door to treat ourselves a little more. I had a Canadian poutine and she had a big burger.
    We saw a bunch of deer crossing the road, but still no bears or moose.
    Went and found yet another beautiful lake to camp by. Got a fire going and wanted to have another movie night but the laptop was dying I think because of the cold.
    The lake we were at had a layer of ice. When we through a rock it made like a whistle noise when it went through. Later when it was a bit windy it made the whole lake whistle, it was really cool.
    Seeing Rhea tomorrow which is exciting, going to have dinner with her and her dad. I invited Kellie because I feel uncomfortable leaving her on her last night before she sees her auntie. And then she should be fine. She was staying tonight how she appreciated having me there because she wouldn't have felt comfortable camping and doing the things we did if she was alone. She said she would have just got somewhere early, cooked and got in the car pretty quickly.
    Been a great trip traveling with Kellie, shes very easy going and a caring person.
    Read more