Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Tuk tuk tour around Lisbon

    September 20, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    》Building where Fernando Pessoa was born

    He is considered by many to be the greatest Portuguese writer of modern times. He lived the vast majority of his life in the city of Lisbon, and it is still possible to find a lot of him in the Portuguese capital.

    》Teatro Nacional de São Carlos

    The Teatro Nacional de São Carlos is an opera house in Lisbon, Portugal. It was opened on June 30, 1793 by Queen Maria I as a replacement for the Tejo Opera House, which was destroyed in the 1755 Lisbon earthquake. The theatre is located in the historical center of Lisbon, in the Chiado district.

    》Luiz de Camoes Memorial

    A monument located in Luís de Camões Square in the 
    Chiado neighbourhood. The monument comprises a tall bronze statue of Luís de Camões, the national poet, on a lioz limestone pillar surrounded by eight smaller statues of leading figures of Portuguese culture and literature in the Age of Discoveries: Fernão Lopes, Pedro Nunes, Gomes Eanes de Zurara, João de Barros, Fernão Lopes de Castanheda, Vasco Mouzinho de Quevedo, Jerónimo Corte-Real, and Francisco de Sá de Meneses.

    》Funicular

    The “lifts or elevators” in Lisbon are basically funiculars that help locals and tourist climb the steep and long slopes that are so characteristic in Lisbon a comfortable and convenient way.
    Read more