Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 13

    The Spoils...

    24 September 2023, Amerika Serikat ⋅ ☀️ 99 °F

    》Cork

    Cork is one of Portugal’s biggest and most important exports. In fact, Portugal is the biggest cork producer in the world and produces more than 50% of the world’s cork supply. The vast majority of this is made into wine bottle stoppers but, increasingly, more and more cork is being sold to the construction and fashion industries and even to the space industry.

    As well as being great for storing wine, cork is great for sound and heat insulation, and it’s increasingly being used for sound-proofing materials and for floor tiles. It’s also used for all kinds of accessories including handbags, purses, wallets, mousemats, yoga mats, iPad covers, shoes, and even furniture, as well as in woodwind instruments, and inside baseballs.

    The best thing about cork, aside from being a good earner for Portugal, is that it’s sustainable. The trees aren’t cut down or damaged when the cork is harvested, and they can be harvested every 9 years for the lifetime of the tree (roughly 270 years).

    Cork expands when the weather is warmer, which makes it easier to harvest, which is why cork harvesting typically takes place between May and September. No machines are involved in this process: the cork strippers (tiradors) work together in pairs using handheld axes, one person on the ground and one in the tree. They make cuts at the top and bottom of the trunk and then peel the cork off. 

    》Meia.Dúzia flavours of Portugal

    A unique and original concept, number 1 in the world in the production of artisanal jams, chocolate creams, sauces, olive pastes, and honey in tubes.

    The passion for Portugal is in each tube with flavours from each region and unique ingredients, in which each colour representing some fruit, resulting in a palette of colours that resembles tubes of paint but are not - they are surprising flavours of Portugal.

    ^Artisanal Jams

    These jams in tubes are among the best handmade jams and gourmet jams in the world, with several international awards for flavour. Made in an artisanal way, with fresh and seasonal fruit, mixed with wines, herbs and spices, without additives or preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar. The result is surprising flavours, from the most daring to the most traditional, for vegans and gluten free. Ideal as a spread, or in appetizers as: cheese boards, salads, meat and fish dishes, or for dessert fillings and toppings.

    ^Chocolate Spreads

    Discover the best dark chocolate creams with 70% cocoa from São Tomé, one of the best spreads in the world, with fantastic combinations of fruits, wines and spices. Flavours that were internationally awarded GREAT TASTE in the UK in 2015 and 2017. These chocolate creams are handmade, without the use of preservatives and colourings, ideal for spreading and accompanying toast and bread, macaron fillings and fillings for pancakes, cupcakes, chocolate cakes and even fondue. Delicate and exquisite flavours ideal to offer experiences to chocolate lovers.

    》Hard Rock Cafe Lisboa...Est. June 12, 2003

    Lisbon, the dazzling city that stretches along the banks of the River Tagus before it meets the Atlantic Ocean, has been the capital of Portugal since 1255, making it the second oldest capital city in Europe. The charm of this scenic, hillside city resides in its strong links to the past; restored palaces, majestic churches, and an imposing hilltop castle reflect the city's rich cultural heritage. Hard Rock Cafe Lisboa, located downtown at Av. da Liberdade just off “Praca dos Restauradores,” offers the ultimate discovery of modern times and launches you into an atmosphere of electrifying and priceless music memorabilia.
    Baca selengkapnya