Day 17June 26, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C
Got up late at Pointe aux Basque. Made tour around the town. Stopped at local railway museum. Saw brass astrolobes on display. Liked the look of the cast replica outside! Fueled up at Timmy Ho's & gas. Not bad at $1.26/L for high test. Drove from Pointe aux Basques to GrandFalls-Windsor. Looking for rugged natural architecture that is in all the brochures when viewing Newfoundland. Didn't see much! Good #1 highway with a few potholes. Saw one young moose probably just turned loose from mama. Found we're wait-listed for a cabin for our return ferry trip. Could be a long 16 hour night sitting in recliner seats with a hundred other tourists!
496 kms. Stayed in Grand Falls-Windsor. Mediocre pizza, but good beer!
1. Giant replica of astrolobe outside local museum
2. Description plaque below replica
3. Actual astrolobe brought up from a Portugese wreck in museum
4. Hard hat diving suit
5. More museum pieces in front of local artist's rendition of railway station of Pointe aux Basques
6. Really good coffee bistro in Corner Brook NL. Roast &brew their own beans.
7. Anglican church in Pointe aux Basque. Looks are deceiving. Huge buildingRead more