Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62

    Koh Tao - Day 2

    March 3, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Day 2 started in the classroom at Roctopus HQ to progress our theory learning on the Open Water 20 course. We learned about buoyancy, the effects of subsea diving and breathing of gases at depth on the body. We continued until midday where we had an hour break (which Amy spent watching videos of what we were about to do) and moved into the pool to complete our 200m swim test and float test. The afternoon was focused on skills and getting used to the scuba equipment in a pool environment. It chucked it down for most of the day.

    Amy - The weather reflected my day in that the scuba skills got too much, from buoyancy problems, to being comfortable under water and clearing the mask. I had to admit defeat and leave Tom to complete his deep water skills whilst I walked through Koh Tao in the pouring rain, shoeless and in tears.

    We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant on the main road which was very nice. We both opted for a chicken burrito and shared nachos, fries and fried jalapeños. We had a few drinks after and met up with friends who had just completed their OW20 course earlier that day.
    Read more