Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Koh Tao - Day 4

    March 5, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    The Open Water 20 diving course was concluded on day 4 with two early morning dives at dives spots a bit further off the island. The first stop was Chumpon Pinnacle and there were high hopes on the boat that recent Whale Shark sightings may occur once again. Unfortunately it wasn't to be, however there were thousands of fish and the diving was great. The second dive was at Hidden Pee Wee, and I got to see the remains of a US frigate which was donated to Thailand for the purpose of diving. The ship was deliberately sunk off the coat to promote marine life and compliment the diving tourism in the island.

    By 12pm I was signed off as a certified OW20 Diver!

    Amy - I went for breakfast at living juices and had a yummy smoothie bowl plus a coffee (with Oat milk!) Aron came to pick me up after he'd dropped Rachel and we went to spend the day at Shark Bay. This was a fancy resort and we did some snorkeling which thankfully I could do! We saw lots of fish and sea cucumbers but no turtles sadly.

    In the evening, Tom headed to roctopus to meet up for finale drinks. Then we headed to Baracuda Bar & Restaurant (aptly named) and enjoyed a slap up meal including prawns, steak, and lots of other fancies. The only let down were the "Onion Rings" (see attached). We also treat ourselves to several glasses of red wine, despite Amy only getting hers by waiter error, and we highly enjoyed it. Aron & Rachel joined us after and we enjoyed some live music and a few more drinks. We headed to a few other bars after but soon found that the island nightlife winds down quite quickly! Possibly for the best, we headed home to bed anticipating a long day of travel tomorrow after our final goodbye.
    Read more