Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 67

    Cebu to Moalboal

    8 марта 2023 г., Филиппины ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We managed a few hours of much needed sleep in our 1970s accommodation. Breakfast was included and was a traditional Pinoy style breakfast of rice, fried eggs and spam. Amy was unaware she'd eaten Spam and wasn't sure what to make of it afterwards despite eating it all! I think it gets an unfair reputation back home...

    We packed up and left the hotel heading for Cebu South bus terminal. It was a 15 minute walk and we passed lots of schools and colleges. There were hundreds of students around - it must have been breaktime. We found the bus station and purchased our tickets for the air conditioned bus to Moalboal which cost approx. 200 Pesos each (£3).

    Google maps said the journey should take approx 2.5 hrs driving - however we had been warned that the bus can take up to 6 hours!

    The bus was 75% full with a mix of tourists and locals. We sat together but unfortunately Amy started getting bitten by ants, so we both moved into aisle seats to escape. The bus was also very hot despite the AC which made it quite uncomfortable. Throughout the journey, street vendors would get on and walk down the aisle selling snacks. We bought some steamed rice cakes which were actually very enjoyable. The bus made a short stop about half way to Moalboal which provided very scenic views off the west coast of the island - the sea is very blue here.

    Fortunately, despite earlier warnings, everything was running on time and we arrived in Moalboal 3 hours later. We got off the bus and were ushered into a tricycle - the latest variation on the classic Thai Tuk-Tuk.

    We arrived at the hotel - Junie Pension house, dropped our bags, and walked down the road to Panagsama Beach Village. Its a small town with a mixture of locals and tourists. There are plenty of bars and restaurants, with a very relaxed atmosphere. We wandered along the beach and stopped for a sundowner which was very welcome after our 3 days or so of what felt like constant travelling. The local beer in the Philippines is San Miguel, but not as we know it at home. Different varieties including San Miguel Pale Pilsen, Light, Apple, Lemon and the rarer Extra Dry Pale Ale. An alternative is Red Horse Extra Strong (6.9%!) We are also back to cheaper prices, approx £1.20 a bottle, Cheers!
    Читать далее