Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 122

    Forts Walk > Horseshoe Bay

    May 2, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today we enjoyed a leisurely morning in the hammocks and Tom got ahead of tea prep in order to avoid the nightly possoms, whilst I had a field day with open access to the laundry room!

    After a quick coffee stop at Scallywag's, we spent 9 dollars 60 on daily ride passes for the bus and headed to Forts Junction for a 2hr walk to the forts and back. This is where koalas can be found and we saw a grand total of... 1!!

    Although the koala sighting was disappointing, the views and buildings from the war made up for it. On the way back, Tom decided to change the short walk to one with some of his famous 'shortcuts' which led us to a private Bay, followed by a lot of steps which in the 29 degree heat and no food, meant we were starting to flag, (this also led our walk to be more than 2 hours!)

    Thankfully, we came to a creek, saw 2 big eagles with brown wings and civilisation, just in time for happy hour schooners and chicken wings. One thing we've noticed this trip, is just how big the chickens are in Australia!

    We quickly departed the bar for our bus, which luckily stopped for us as we didn't quite make it to the bus stop and headed to the bottle shop for wine and made our way back to the possom hut for dinner (which actually had no possoms this evening!)
    Read more