Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Santiago de Compostella

    April 25, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 57 °F

    A lazy day. A leisurely breakfast around 9:30. Bea and Ibby off for a tour of a palace out of the City. I and I decided to just have a day of relaxation. Off to do a walkabout town. First to explore the large city market. Great market and anything anyone would want. Loved all the different fish, especially the scallops in the shells. Then off to find our hotel for the night - Hotel Praza Quintana - great location near the cathedral. Back to pick up our luggage and transfer to the new hotel. Then out to trace the route of the pilgrims into Santiago de Compostella. Found the final shell and stone in the middle of the plaza of the . Traced the gold shells in the street back to near our hotel.

    Then some geocaching.near the market and the cathedral - a very tricky one that Illene found - piece of rusted metal in a crevice of one of the stone blocks of a building. Back to check in to our hotel and out for lunch. Ok fare at Casa Manolo - I had a hake and salad, Illene cordon bleu which was not terrific.

    More geocaching and looking for a restaurant for tonight. A cup of tea and diet coke at a sunny plaza near a park. Found one geocache under a park bench with lots of people around. Another in another crevice in a stone wall in the park. Total of 4 geocaches today - Illene 3, Kay 1.

    Heard from Ibby and Bea around 7P - went to find them in a restaurant. Had a glass of wine with them and said good byes to new friends. Illene and I to La Jefatura*** - a good TA find - locals place and great croquettes (our new favorite thing to eat). Frozen yogurt and ice cream on the way home. Very good day.

    Miles: 8.6 Flights Climbed: 24
    Read more