Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Colombia Day 10

    August 5, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    A travel day, flight at 2PM. First breakfast at the hotel and then ML and I for a facial and foot massage !! Lovely spot in a bamboo canopy on the edge of the property with the green hills as a backdrop. Alas all of my wrinkles are not gone but she tried. :-)
    A settling of accounts - would have been impossible without Robert's Spanish skills. Off to airport for quick 40 minute flight to Medellin. However flight was not so quick with a 2 hour delay which was just the beginning of the woes for the day. Could not get any cash out of the ATM at the airport and I am out of money. :-( Arrived Medellin around 5PM and, with some difficulty, found our apartment. Apartment was on 4th floor - no elevator. Apartment was lovely, large however, unbeknownst to us, had several others living there as well as the host !!! As Robert said, it was like an exclusive hostel. :-( So we are staying here tonight and will look for another place tomorrow. We drowned our sorrows with a great, expensive dinner and some very good Chardonnay. Argentinian beef -the best steak I have had in years!!! The joys of travel.
    Read more