Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 2

    NYC Day 2

    21 października 2021, Stany Zjednoczone ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    Wonderful first day in NYC. The one thing that Illene and I wanted to do in NYC was walk the High Line again. A beautiful sunny day in NYC so off we go from Isabel’s - the 30th St entrance to the High Line about a mile away. For those of you who may not know the High Line, it is a public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets of Manhattan filled with art, nature and design. And it is constantly changing with new art (primarily sculptures) gardens and fantastic Manhattan skyscrapers. Entered at Hudson yard, now a wide open space with a new venue for art - the Shed. (More about that tomorrow as we found a show we are going to then.). Had a wonderful walk - enjoying the sculptures - see pics - , marveling at the beauty of the surroundings - gardens and buildings. Isabel had told us to make sure that we got to Little Island - a new park since we were here last. It is at the South end of the High Line and a whole new island built in the Hudson River. A wonderful multi-level park that looks like it is growing out of the river.

    Lunch on the island and off to the Whitney museum to meet Isabel to see the new Jasper John’s exhibition there. An artist I was not familiar with and an enjoyable hour. Early dinner on our way back to Isabel’s at a Korean fusion restaurant in the street - very good!

    First of 5 shows tonight - The Lehman Brothers. Isabel had already seen so Illene and I were able to walk the mile to the theater. A fantastic night of outstanding theater. Wonderful set and acting. Off to a great start. Tomorrow night Moulin Rouge!
    Czytaj więcej