Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 6 NYC

    October 25, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    On arrival in NYC we were talking with Isabel about what to do while we were here. Isabel said she had never been to Governor’s Island so that was the plan for today. Made ferry reservations and off via subway to lowers Manhattan and the ferry terminal. The terminal is next door to the huge Staten Island ferry terminal. Had a very enjoyable 3+ hours walking around the island. Governors Island is are the South end of Manhattan in NY harbor. The island was a military installation for the Revolutionary War. And more recently a Coast Guard installation until 1996. Currently partially run by the National Park Service and a Trust. Found all 4 geocaches on the island ! 👍. Beautiful views of the Statue of Liberty and downtown Manhattan. A thoroughly enjoyable and quiet hours I’m the City.
    Back via ferry and subway for a very late lunch at Isabel’s. And a relaxing several hours before dinner - good for some catch up time.
    Great dinner tonight at a place Isabel had not been to previously. Oceans - beautiful decor, quite modern and wonderful food. We were all happy.
    Rain scheduled for later tonight and tomorrow and our walk home was the warm, very humid weather that I remembered from early years on the East Coast. The pic of the Empire State Building with the green top in the fog was from out walk home.
    Read more