Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Lake Orta to Domaso, Italy Day 23

    May 17, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 54 °F

    Carol is here! Picked her up at the Milan airport around noon today. Plane was a little late but by that time I had the Milan airport traffic patterns figured out. 😂. A drive there from Orta mostly in the rain.

    Our plan was to,stay on the NE coast of Lake Como tonight. We wended our way all the way up the west side of Lake Como, stopping at Menaggio for lunch by the Lake. Rain had stopped and it is warmer so it felt good to be outside and enjoying the views of Bellagio and environs. Illene and I stayed in Menaggio 5 years ago and loved this area. Arrived at our hotel for tonight , Hotel Vischi, almost at the end of Lake Como. Not nearly as crowded as most everything else in this very popular tourist area. (George Clooney;s home, etc).

    Very nice hotel, checked in and out for a walk. Long lovely path by the lake, Carol doing amazingly well with minimal sleep in a day and a half. (She had 2 stops from Jackson.) Weather got better as the day went on and we even had a bit of sun around 6-7P. Sat on a bench by the lake for a long time and got “caught up”. Dinner at a cafe by the water. Carol to bed early and Kay trying to keep quiet!

    See the pic of the guy on the paddle board? Some kids playing volleyball by the lake, volleyball into the water, this nice fellow retrieved it for them. 😇
    Read more