Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Stubai Valley, Austria Day 30

    May 25, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    And the day dawned beautiful! Rain and grey clouds are gone replaced with blue skies and sunshine on the fantastic mountains! A great setting for our last day here in this quiet town with spectacular scenery.

    Off before !0 for the hike we had planned. Cable car up the mountain to the starting point. The goal was to hike to a monastery hidden in the Alps. Fun time, not a difficult hike, gravel path all the way. It is a popular trail for day hikers. Lots to see and do around the beginning as well. A slide for “kids” - that would be us. See video. Mountains all around -360. See 2nd video. Took our time, taking pictures and playing with our new app that identifies all the beautiful small Alpine flowers. Arrived at the monastery a bit after noon. Checked out the chapel, souvenir shop and lunch outside looking at the mountains. Took a different way back to the cable car and Carol found the first geocache for the trip! Very exciting. Then we had to do the slide as well. A great day in the mountains.

    Back home to relax a bit before going out to dinner. Many restaurants closed right now as they are in between seasons. Tried the Italian one on the plaza good , not great. Home to watch one more episode of The Tailor and pack.

    Off for Slovenia and Lake Bled tomorrow.
    Read more