Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Bodensee, Germany Day 46

    June 10, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    Last day of real vacationing. Tomorrow starts the series of transportation to home. Went for a wonderful lengthy walk this morning and early afternoon. There are many interconnected walking and bike paths all around here. Walked first all along the water in the yacht harbor here. Lots of trees and wildflowers, shaded paths and LOT’S of bicycles. I think everyone not on a boat is on a bicycle. 😂. And check the bike picture, some of them take the bikes to the boat! And have not seen a locked bike yet!

    After checking out the scenery nearby, I saw a sign for a village only 2km away - Langenargen. Decided to walk that way. What a good decision. A lovely town with a huge park on the water. Flowers, cafes, playgrounds, and even a castle make for a wonderful Saturday walk. Stopped for a coke in a waterfront cafe and sat there for an hour just watching the water, the very pregnant swan, and the people. Did some geocaching on the way back. Only one successful. (See pic). Weather is perfect and life is good. Walked back to hotel and spent the afternoon organizing suitcase and backpacks for the journey home. Dinner at the lovely outdoor restaurant at the hotel. Food is good, fish from the lake and very generous wine pours. 😂👍. Think I am the only English speaking person I have heard here. (Except for check in people). A very German/Austrian holiday place.
    Read more