Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    New day new adventures

    January 19 in India ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Next time I’m going to bring nothing but knickers and my credit card. Well maybe just one pair of trousers and a shirt otherwise I might get arrested for indecency!

    Sad to say goodbye to people as they slowly peel away from the group. There’s an intimacy to sketching and drawing together. You sit quietly, observing life as it noisily unfurls around you. It’s strangely comforting.

    Shopping, sketching, coffee and beer punctuated by good company and laughter. Lots of it. With friends. With strangers. It’s uplifting. It’s life.

    Good fun banter with the fruit seller - we commandeered a chair for Judith and he posed for us. Chatted to school kids, had our photo taken a gazillion times. An entertaining morning sketching followed by
    lunch in the leafy splendour of the harbour hotel. Later, time alone with Little My down by the pool listening to the general hubbub of life, amused by the crows chattering as they drank from the pool.; the odd one regurgitating the contents of whatever oddity it had consumed. Charming. I’m goong to have to get used to my own company on the final leg of this trip.

    Heading off with Joannie tomorrow on part two of our adventures. Pondicherry, Chettinad and Madurai. No shopping till Jaipur she says as a pig flys past the window.
    Read more