Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Wash, rinse, repeat

    May 21, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Today was our second and final resort day. We started slowly and hit the boardwalk bathed and fed midmorning. We walked the 5 minutes to the gondala and boarded a blue car (Eleanor’s favourite colour and the only acceptable option). We rode to the end of the line and then came back to Epcot. Disney is massive so this took up a decent amount of time. Upon our return we boarded a boat and took that back to the resort, just for fun.

    Then it was wash-rinse-repeat of yesterday with a few modifications. I rode the water slide; we played a game of pool; Malcolm spent an hour at the arcade; we made tie die shirts on the beach; and we ate ice cream for dinner.

    It is 9:30 now. We are pushing the kids to stay up a bit longer because tomorrow we will be out until about 11PM. It is our last full day in Orlando and fittingly we will spend it at Magic Kingdom. It is the 50th anniversary of something (I am not sure what but it is advertised everywhere). The magic kingdom fireworks have supposedly gotten epic to celebrate (again whatever it is we are celebrating). Mel loves fireworks so we will not be passing up the chance to see them but would like to soften the blow of the cranky kids on the back end.

    Eleanor reminded me earlier she still has not met Mickey and Minnie. I could not live with myself if I did not help her do that while at Magic Kingdom. I am pretty resourceful and Mel is very resourceful so hopefully we can figure it out. I have reserved us a spot at the Lady and the Tramp restaurant for Malcolm because they have garlic bread, which is increasingly the only ‘real’ food he eats. It was the first item on the menu so I grabbed an available spot. Game plan: Mickey and Minnie for E, garlic bread for Malcolm and fireworks for Melissa.

    Have a magical night.
    Read more