Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Florence dinner and Naples nerves

    May 20, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    We had a really good dinner at a place Claire picked from our host’s recommendations. We had an asparagus, fava bean, and crouton salad. Then a really delicious creamy pea soup and a pasta with a hearty rabbit Ragu. Then some steak with white beans. Very tasty wine too.

    We are both nervous about going to Naples today after watching a Rick Steves episode last night. It looks like it will be bustling and chaotic. Claire is worried about theft and navigating the transport system and stayed up late doing research, and I am worried about crossing the street because it sounds like red lights are universally ignored there. I went to bed early. We are both trying to comfort each other of our fears. It will probably be an adventure that we are both up to, and will handle it just fine, and I just wish my body wasn’t so sore after all the walking we’ve done in Florence. Maybe should have built in some more rest days. But I am looking forward to trying the pizza in the birthplace of pizza and having some new unexpected experiences. This is an adventure trip and maybe the next one we will sit on a beach drinking pina coladas, but we’re both glad to be doing the kind of traveling that we didnt do when we’re younger and it’s great that we can do it together.
    Read more