Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Southern Thailand Part 2

    August 15, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    From Phang-Nga we went to Ao Nang, another nice place with a few beaches around and again with a night market with lots of food to try. Our highlight there was Khao Ngon Nak. After two hours of hiking through the rainforest (it was hot and humid) we got rewarded with quite amazing views. It is a tough hike, but worth it!

    After Ao Nang we went to the popular Phi Phi Islands and spent there two nights, nothing special to tell about. Always the same, beaches, hills with nice views and a lot of food and cheap fruits at every corner.

    Our last stop was Krabi, there we visited one or two temples and explored the nature around Krabi Town. Tiger Cave Temple is a nice spot to watch the sunset, but you have to climb 1237 steps. But at least, it's a great opportunity to stay fit during your holidays.

    About Thailand, I can say, that it is a country which has to be on everyones bucket list, but I wouldn't revisit Thailand, once is enough. The people are quite friendly (but barely speak English) and the food is delicious, fresh and cheap, so you have a lot to try there.
    And one more thing, after leaving Thailand you will hate the word tuktuk.
    Read more