Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Finishing up in Tennessee

    July 1, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 88 °F

    Well today was the day we needed to leave Norris Lake. Fourth of July weekend and no availability. Unfortunately, both of us woke up in the early morning hours with an obvious food poisoning situation. After some time spent in the facilities, we were both able to pack up and hit the road.

    We checked out a few small towns around Norris Lake, along with saving another turtle. We figured it would be a good idea to get something in our tummies, so we stopped at a small cafe. After pancakes & French toast we went through various neighborhoods in the city of Knoxville. We loved the “Old City” area in downtown. We would consider starting out there in a loft style rental before committing to any real estate. It would also give us time to get to know the area, people, economy, etc. Plenty of cool restaurants, coffee shops and taprooms that are walkable.

    After that, the day started to go downhill. We had intentions of thoroughly checking out two other lakes in the area, but it became tedious and I was not feeling right yet. We made it to Kingsport, TN and agreed that a hotel room was the best choice for us.

    We are not sure what we will do tomorrow.
    Read more