Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Stonehenge

    September 12, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    At breakfast this morning at the Duke of Cornwall Hotel in Plymouth we ordered coffee for the six people at our table. In thirty minutes the waitress brought one small coffee pot containing two cups of coffee. Shortly afterwards, she brought a larger coffee pot. It seems that they wait until coffee is ordered to brew it. We never got our breakfast, so we finally left. We are heading for Stonehenge and Windsor Castle today, so we will arrange our luggage so that we will be ready for the tight security at Windsor. We already getting ready for our flight out tomorrow morning.

    9:15 am We pass through Otter Valley, where there is an otter nursery for the propagation and protection of the animals.

    9:40 am We are on road 303, the old Roman road west to Exeter. Fairly straight.

    11:00 - 1:00 at Stonehenge. Last week a henge of 90 subterranean stones was found by radar to encircle the adjacent town of Durrington. Subterranean radar shows nearly 400 dwellings in Durrington and a wooden henge. One theory is that the wooden henge at Durrington was a symbol for life, while the stone henges, made of an eternal medium, were associated with death.
    Read more