Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Copenhagen Afternoon

    July 16, 2022 in Denmark ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    After a lunch of fish and chips with a delicious locally brewed Pilsner, Glenda had control of the afternoon. She chose to go to Tivoli Gardens, the amusement park gave Walt Disney the idea for the first Disneyland in California. We think Tivoli is better, however, because it has not only rides and amusements for the children, but many lovely green spaces, stunningly beautiful flower gardens, and cheerfully sparkling fountains.

    One high spot of our day was watching a two-year-old boy discover water. He put his finger into the pool of a nearby fountain and squealed with joy. Then he started to splash. The look on his face was one of pure ecstasy. Then his family started splashing with him, and so did we. Watching the child process this wonderful discovery was amazing.

    Our next experience at Tivoli Gardens was just as delightful. The last time we were here, we had a delicious dessert at a shop in the park called appropriately “Cakenhagen.” We repeated the happy memory as I enjoyed a cake that was at least 167% pure chocolate ganache. It was wonderful! I’m sure my glycemic index shot up into the stratosphere, but it was worth it.
    Read more