Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    The Joy of …

    June 17, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 91 °F

    Had I written the book, “The Joy of Cooking,” I would’ve named it, “The Joy of ….” That’s what happened tonight at supper. My planned presentation got interrupted by something delicious.

    Here’s the whole story. We asked the concierge to recommend a nice cheap tapas bar. He gave us one and we had planned to go there, however, our guide informed us that this particular restaurant did not open until after 8 PM. Usually by that time Glenda and I are getting ready for bed. So we went back to El Yate for a second night. Glenda has fallen in love so we ordered again the Canutillos de Puerro y Queso Al Oporto (cones stuffed with goat cheese and fried leeks and glazed with a port wine reduction). Everything else we ordered was new: Red peppers stuffed with hot sausage, battered and fried, then placed on a creamy tomato sauce and drizzled with balsamic glaze. Next we had grilled vegetables served with goat cheese and jamon iberico. I had one dish Glenda would not touch: grilled octopus with grilled vegetables and foie gras, then glazed with a balsamic vinaigrette.

    The problem was that every time the waiter brought a new dish, we dove in headfirst without thinking to take a picture until the thing was half eaten. Then we remembered, “Oh! Yeah! We should take a picture!” So we did.

    So we planned to finish the photo before we started eating but the food was so good we forgot and did not finish our plan. So here are some photos of half eaten dishes. Sorry! 😔Let’s just call this “The Joy of (crunch, munch, gobble, gobble, mmmmmmm!) Oh! Yeah! Cooking.”
    Read more