Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17–19

    marseille bébé

    October 2, 2023 in France

    woke up and ate some breakfast with the germans, checked out and left my stuff in the hostel. i didn't really know where to go, so i just figured entering "graffiti" into google maps could be a good idea. it was. i explored the most artsy, colourful, friendly neighbourhood i have ever seen, absolute future living dream.
    got a huge pizza for 5€ and took a bus up to the cathedral or whatever it was, i was just there for the views.

    in the afternoon, i booked a dorm for another night because i had contacted nicolas from couchsurfing and he told me wednesday would fit him better. met my two british-indian roomies who promptly invited me to join them for a bar crawl in the evening. watched the sunset from the shore and got ready for the night out.

    we met at another hostel which seemed pretty dead, so i was already debating going back and saving my money for another time. a 3€ can of monster energy managed to lift my spirits and we went in to meet the other barhoppers. everyone was super friendly and i quickly bonded with two young french-canadians, jayce and lauriane.

    we visited a total of 4 bars, finishing in a small club. had a great time throughout and found out that lauriane has the same birthday as me, so we made a deal to meet up again celebrate together in naples. could tell that they both fancied me a bit (jayce turned out to be gay), but we were all to shitfaced to do anything about it.

    woke up the next morning not too hungover, met the canadians for a short walk and hopped on the train to saint-raphaël.
    Read more