Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95–102

    thessaloniki, pt 2

    December 19, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    spent another week in thessaloniki with the people from the hostel waiting for christmas to come around. the typical day didn't change much from before.

    one day, i decided to go up chortiatis, the highest mountain next to thessaloniki, for sunset. took a bus as far up as possible and had to walk cross country through fields, forest and brambles until i actually found a path that wasn't made up by my gps. some stray dogs creeping around me, but they stayed cool. only some shepherd dogs got a bit upset at me and i had to flee.

    made it to a great little spot to watch the sun go down but decided to turn around before reaching the top because my phone was dying and i could see rain coming in.

    i also sent a post card to my family, but i haven't heard anything about it so i probably fucked the adress or something xd

    some of us were sitting in a bar on the 23rd when the clock hit midnight and i said merry christmas. the others were as confused as me when we finally realized that celebrating on the 24th is apparently just a german thing, so all i could do was call some friends and family and entertain myself walking along the shore. i was a bit sad for about five minutes, but managed to knock it off really quickly.

    however, the 25th made up for it. the italians cooked a bunch of stuff, we watched a movie, played a round of chess and then went off to a little free rave in the city. the music selection was a bit off, half way through, a guy just started rapping. still good fun.
    Read more