Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 160–163

    tbilisi, pt. 2

    February 22 in Georgia ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    back in tbilisi, i got another grilled cheese sandwich (i think it was 6 in total) and signed off for the day after a shower. the next day, nobody showed up for the free walking tour, so i went out on my own to finally explore tbilisi properly. as i said, it's like a european oasis, but with a bit of soviet spice. there even seems to be a climbing community based behind the statue of the mother of georgia, but i didn't see anyone.

    thinking that this would probably be the last chance to go to a rave before iran, i did some research and found two potential venues for the day. i set an alarm for midnight and walked to the first one, bassiani. like in many other ex-soviet countries, face controls are still very much a thing in georgia. i started a convo with an australian guy outside the club and it turned out he and his friend had already been turned away by the bouncers, who now thought i was part of the australians group, now that i had talked to him, so there was no use in trying to get in. we headed to the other club, khidi, instead, where we got through face control without issue. i lost the other two, but had a great time, i was in there until past 7 (almost hit 50k daily steps). there were a couple of tik tok ravers killing the vibe there, but it was still fully worth it.
    Read more