Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Harrison in Brisbane

    November 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    I forgot what starting the day with a hangover was like. Thanks Cheryl, a night full of stories, catching up and making new memories to remember for sure!

    After the Australian fave of avo on toast for breakfast overlooking the sea at Surfers Paradise, we got on the road for the hour and a bit drive up the coast to the most northerly point of our Australia journey - Brisbane.

    With Brisbane brings Harrison! Excited to see him and in typical H style, he had booked us into a lovely room at an adjacent hotel, despite saying we could stay, his step-daughter had made it back early from Uni, so had bagged her bedroom back. A lovely shower and we were headed off for a guided tour of the sights of Brisbane and to meet his new partner, (not so new, it’s just been a while since we saw him) Gayle.

    Just got back from a fun night with Harrison, tour round Brisbane and even a visit to a Nepalese temple (I’m still looking for inner peace - there were no monks).

    We headed down to the harbour front and enjoyed a few cocktails and pizza, catching up and sharing memories. A lot of fun and a promise to see each other again in the future.
    Read more