Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 22

    Leaving Day

    30. november 2023, Australien ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Call it menopause, call it a sign of age and understanding of the distance that separates friends and family as we follow our paths in different part of the world, but regardless, I just can’t bloody stop crying.

    As Cath did a ‘kiss and drop’ at departures, the tears came fast from both of us, despite a promise they would be suppressed. All the way through the airport, through check-in, through security, I was wondering when I would see these people again. As we get older, we realise every day is a gift and never guaranteed, this makes the goodbyes so much harder. Wade tells me to think of the visit and the good times we have had, it has not worked!

    Sitting here in the airport lounge, contemplating a pre flight drink (the no drinking thing has proved to be nothing but an out and out lie, mainly to myself) while considering the past few weeks and half listening to a group of female travellers, all discussing the trials of tribulations of raising a family, debating which sex is harder to raise and of course, the little idiosyncrasies of married life. No matter who you are or where you are in the world, we are all just trying to do our best for the ones we love the most.

    Robbie, Ellis, Cheryl, Harrison, Cath and her family. It has been a true gift to see them all and to be in a position to be able to see them all in such beautiful surroundings while experiencing a different way of life. It’s always about the people you meet along the journey of life that make it so special. We just have to remember to find joy in the journey.

    Goodbye Australia, for now.
    Læs mere