Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Another Day, Another Beach

    November 29, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    Our last full day in Australia has been a lot of fun.

    A FaceTime with an old friend from the UK (Kate) to start the day, catching up on our very different lives. The first time Cath, Kate and I had been together since our wedding 18 years ago and once again, it was like no time had passed, conversations just rolling on but the topics a little more serious as life experiences have dictated.

    We drove to the Seacliff Bridge, a highway that comes out over the water round a small mountain. Wade was particularly excited as it was a Jeremy Clarkson drive, he captured it on video obviously and couldn’t wait to pull over and actually walk a little on the bridge to get a real feel for the experience.

    After this, Cath took us for what I can only describe as a bush walk that required I put runners on, (which Cath referred to as fake runners, as it was clear they were a fashion item and not for any type of running - like she knows me) which led to yet another secluded beach called Jibbon Beach. Absolutely beautiful (again) and then back into a coastal type bush walk which led to an aboriginal stone drawing site. Quite impressive.

    Fish and chips for lunch at a local chippy followed by a drive through a national park where a storm came in and slowed the journey home quite substantially, leading to many hilarious car conversations discussing the bathing habits of Cleopatra.

    The second half of the Mexican Train was equally as much fun as the first, hanging out with the grown up kids of your best friend is pretty special.

    We decided to get some packing done before bed as we knew we wanted an early start to maximize time together in the morning, before heading off to the airport.

    Absolutely great evening for our final night in this wonderful country.
    Read more