Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Cruise of the Nile

    February 26 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ -2 °C

    Up super early today to get to the airport to fly to Luxor. There was not much traffic at 5, which made for a quick ride. Great flight, nice airport, and on the bus by 10 ish.
    Our first stop was the Karnak Temple Complex. Incredible!! It was busy but not crazy. Mahal gets so excited to show us particular spots she tends to move fast. It was so amazing and so much to see... I wish we had the day ( and no problem walking 😢).
    We went directly to the Luxor Temple and Courtyard, which is dedicated to the god Amun-Re. It is so amazing to walk among these gigantic columns and temples to the god... it is totally amazing that so many of the carvings even have colour still totally visible after all this time.
    The 74 columbed Courtyard of Ramses II is actually the outer parts of the temple featuring colossal statues of himself.
    Amenhotep's III's 14 columned Collonade (where I get to do Supernatural) was pretty impressive all on its own.
    We did not walk the 2 mile long Avenue of Sphinxes, though I would have loved to.
    While it's great having Mahal to give us all the information, I would love to have wondered on our own for a few minutes. She gave us half an hour which is what it took to get back to the bus.
    We went next to Blue Shadow II riverboat, which is to be our "home" for the next week. It is nice and our room is quite cozy but has a huge beautiful window overlooking the river.
    Lunch was good and we are now o the upper deck on deck chair soaking up some rays. Peter is sleeping and I am writing.
    There is no light show for me tonight .... my leg is not happy (again), and I need to rest for Valley of the Kings and Queens tomorrow.
    Read more